It jumped out because the distinctive profile of the three hills in the distance on the left hand side of the photo is exactly what we see from our verandah. It looks like it was taken from just north of our house, probably on the opposite side of what is now View Street. The fence and hedge in the foreground are the access road from Lord Street to our house which existed until around 1915 when the area was subdivided. For those familiar with the area there are some very recognisable buildings in the photo including the old sandstone house on the corner of Princes St and Grosvenor St.
|The view from just north of our house, 1881|